Last Reviewed: September 7, 2012
Applies to: dtSearch Web 7.68 and later
dtSearch Web requires the following prerequisites under Windows Server 2012 or Windows Server 2008:
- The Web Server role must be enabled
- The following Role Services must be installed:
IIS 6 Management Capability
IIS 6 MetaBase Compatibility
IIS 6 Scripting Tools
The 64-bit version of dtSearch Web Setup should be used with the 64-bit version of Windows Server, and the 32-bit version of dtSearch Web Setup should be used with the 32-bit version of Windows Server.
(1) Run dtSearch Web Setup as Administrator. When you install dtSearch Web, note the location where dtisapi6.dll was copied (you may need it in step 4 below).
(2) When dtSearch Web Setup asks if it can register dtSearch Web with Internet Information Services, answer Yes to have dtSearch Web Setup take care of this automatically. If you prefer to register dtSearch Web yourself, please see "Registering dtSearch Web," below.
An "0x800700c1" error when you try to search indicates that you are trying to run the 64-bit version of dtSearch Web in a 32-bit application pool. To run the 64-bit version of dtSearch Web on a 64-bit version of Windows Server, in Internet Information Services select the application pool used with dtSearch Web, select "Advanced Settings", and set "Enable 32-bit Applications" to "false".
When you create indexes in Windows Server, the default security settings will not allow these indexes to be searched by dtSearch Web. Therefore, to make these indexes searchable, you can either (a) create the indexes under the wwwroot folder, or (b) change the permissions on the index folders so they are accessible to the internet user running in IIS. If the permissions on your indexes do not allow for access by dtSearch Web, you may see an "Access Denied" error when you attempt to search.
Note: This step is only needed if you do not have dtSearch Web Setup automatically register dtSearch Web with IIS.
(1) Open Internet Information Services Manager
(2) Open ISAPI and CGI Restrictions
(3) Click "Add..."
(4) Under ISAPI or CGI path, locate the dtisapi6.dll file under the c:\inetpub folder, and select it.
(5) Under "Description" enter "dtSearch Web"
(6) Click OK.